What we do
Third Sector Hebrides Uist (TSHU) assists voluntary groups and organisations in procedural, funding and legal issues. Roles undertaken by TSHU staff include:
- Helping committees draw up constitutions.
- Helping groups set up committees.
- Assisting with finding sources of funding.
- Assisting with relevant employment laws, e.g. directing groups to ACAS when arbitration is required.
- Imparting knowledge on charity laws.
- Being a counter-signatory for disclosure.
- Promoting any charitable purpose for the benefit of the inhabitants of Uist.
- Liaising with statutory bodies and voluntary organisations.
- Ascertaining local needs.
- Assisting, promoting and developing voluntary organisations.
TSHU monitors a range of information sources in order to provide effective services. These include:
- Sources of funding for groups and organisations, such as the Lottery.
- Keeping up to date with council, Hebrides Community Partnership and SCVO policy.
- Finding out what is happening in the community.